Advanced Placement (AP)Download PDF French Language
Credit Hours: 1.0
Course Length: 2 Semesters
AP French Language students apply their French grammar and vocabulary knowledge and their listening, reading, speaking, and writing skills to a wide variety of real-world contexts. Students learn to speak fluently and accurately, write complicated compositions, and comprehend native speakers. The equivalent of a college-level language course, AP French Language prepares students for the AP Exam and for further study of French language, culture, and literature.
- Listen, read, understand, and interpret a wide-variety of authentic French-language materials and sources.
- Demonstrate proficiency in interpersonal, interpretive, and presentational communication using French.
- Gain knowledge and understanding of the cultures of the Francophone world.
- Use French to connect with other disciplines and expand knowledge in a wide variety of contexts.
- Develop insight into the nature of the French language and its culture.
- Use French to participate in communities at home and around the world.
Required Textbook(s) and/or Materials